|This article is a stub. Please help SimCity by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.
SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow
|Release date(s)||NA November 12, 2013|
EU November 14, 2013
JP November 14, 2013
GB November 15, 2013
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Input methods||Mouse, keyboard|
SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow is an expansion pack released for SimCity (2013). The expansion includes several new futuristic buidings from the near future. It was released in November 12, 2013. The expansion is fully compatible with vanilla SimCity players.
- Flying drones that can make deliveries and serve as policemen, firemen, and doctors.
- A new resource called Omega. It is produced by OmegaCo., which buys, converting them into franchisees, this vastly increases their money output but severely increases the pollution they emit as well.
- Customizable MegaTowers and Elite MegaTowers for the wealthy. (Skybridges for connecting them)
- The Academy
- New requirement for some of the buildings introduced in Cities of Tomorrow to operate, ControlNet. ControlNet is produced from the Academy, which distributes it by transmitting it via signals.
- Garbage Atomizers that completely destroy waste, without pollution.
- Wave power plants that generate electricity from the ocean and fusion power plants which generates huge amounts of clean power. Both power plants require research from the Academy, as well as requiring ControlNet to operate. Fusion power plants also requires a jumpstart from existing power plants in order to activate, causing blackouts.
- Ground Scrubbers that turn ground pollution and radiation into air pollution that can then be blown away.
- Maglev trains, a new form of public transportation.
- ↑ Alexander Sliwinski, AS. 2013, SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow expansion announced, available Nov. 12, viewed 21 September 2013, <http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/19/simcity-cities-of-tomorrow-expansion-announced-available-nov/>.
|Main series||SimCity (Classic) · SimCity 2000 · SimCity 3000 (Unlimited) · SimCity 4 (Rush Hour · Deluxe Edition · The SimCity Box) · SimCity (2013) (Cities of Tomorrow · Plus Edition · Complete Edition)|
|Console games||SimCity (SNES) · SimCity 2000 · SimCity 64 · SimCity DS · SimCity Creator (DS)|
|Spin-offs||SimFarm · SimCopter · Streets of SimCity · SimTown · SimCity Societies (Destinations · Deluxe Edition · The SimCity Box) · The Sims Carnival: SnapCity · SimCity (iOS) (Deluxe) · SimCity Social · SimCity BuildIt|