Update 7 was released on August 22, 2013 for SimCity (2013). This update includes the raise and lower tool for creating bridges and tunnels as well as traffic behavior improvements.
- New Feature: Tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.
- While building your road, pressing the N key or M key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels. Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
- New: Improvements for traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles.
- New: Tree tools – Place individual trees along your city roads. This tool is located at the end of the Nature Parks menu.
- New: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and cross intersections more efficiently.
- Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
- Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.
- Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
- Fix for freight trucks leaving the city instead of going back to the factories in some situations.
- Terrain: Improves some instances where terrain covers sections of roads under certain scenarios while the camera is zoomed out.