Update 1.6.1 for SimCity (2013) was released on March 15, 2013.
- Turned regional Achievements back on!
- Update so new players will go through the Getting Started Scenario only once. Those playing before the update must go through the Getting Starting Scenario once before they will see the Play menus when switching servers
- Fix for a gameplay crash
- UI improvement: Increased time showing system alerts for readability
- Graphics: shader change to improve look of walls and parking lots
- It’s now easier to place airport runways
- Budget transaction optimization to increase performance
- Update of Buffers on buildings to save memory
- Performance improvement for lower end machines
- DB performance upgrades improves response times